The story so far
Tenille is an award-winning journalist and science writer, a mom, and passionate community-builder.
After moving to Waterloo in 2010, she founded the WR Arts Award-winning Grand Porch Party, has sat on environmental and community boards, regularly appeared on CBC Kitchener-Waterloo as their parenting columnist, and has actively contributed to making her adopted city as vibrant and inclusive as possible.
She is also the mum of two amazing little girls, and an immigrant who is terrible at walking on icy sidewalks.
- Senior Science Writer-Editor - Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics
- Parenting columnist: CBC Kitchener-Waterloo
- Journalist: The Globe and Mail
- Journalist: Walkley-winning reporter for APN News and Media, Australia
- Freelance writer: Today's Parent, Chatelaine, The Globe and Mail, Communitech, and others
- Sessional Instructor: Wilfrid Laurier University, Conestoga College (teaching online journalism)
- Managing Editor/Publisher: Alternatives Journal
- Founder: The Grand Porch Party (winner of a Waterloo Region Arts Award) (Founded 2010)
- Finalist: KW Oktoberfest Rogers Women of the Year - Arts & Culture (2013)
- Member: City of Waterloo Resident Advisory Panel (2016-2017)
- Member: Climate Action Waterloo Region advisory panels (2014-2016)
- Board Member: My Sustainable Canada (2013-2014)
- Co-Chair: Open Streets UpTown Waterloo (2012-2013)
- Volunteer: Heart & Stroke Foundation (2016-current)
- Volunteer: Quantum2Cosmos - Perimeter Institute (2010)
- Volunteer & fundraiser: Parkdale Project Read (2008-2009)